Project Charter Templatewill help you to define the scope of your project.
Writing the Project Charter is typically one of the most challenging steps in the Project Life Cycle, as it defines the parameters within which the project must be delivered.
It sets out the project vision, objectives, scope and implementation, thereby giving the team clear boundaries within which the project must be delivered.
This Project Charter template will help you to:
- Identify the project vision and objectives
- Define the complete scope of the project
- List all of the critical project deliverables
- State the customers and project stakeholders
- List the key roles and their responsibilities
- Create an organizational structure for the project
- Document the overall implementation plan
- List any risks, issues and assumptions
The Project Charter template includes:
- All of the sections within a Project Charter document
- Detailed instructions which help you to complete each section
- Tables and real-life examples, to step you through the document
- Actual role definitions, to save you time writing them
- A sample project plan for implementation
- An example organization chart
- Helpful hints and tips to guide you
This template is unique, as it is pre-completed and it already includes all of the information needed to create a Project Charter within a very short period of time. The practical examples, charts and tables will save you time, as you only need to "fill in the gaps" to build a comprehensive Project Charter document for your project team.
What is a Project Charter?
A Project Charter outlines the purpose of the project, the way the project will be structured and how it will be successfully implemented. The Project Charter describes the project vision, objectives, scope and deliverables, as well as the Stakeholders, roles and responsibilities. The Project Charter is also known as a "Terms of Reference" or "Project Definition Report".
When do I use a Project Charter?
"Every time you start a new project, you should complete a Project Charter template. The Project Charter defines the vision and boundaries for the project, as well as the high level roadmap. In addition, the Project Charter also defines the scope of the project, within which the deliverables are produced. With a well defined Project Charter, the Project Manager has a clear project roadmap for success.